2019年11月20日水曜日

Next Door to Love


" Some of me dies when Daisy's away from me," he said. (p12)



" I can understand computers," Tony told me. " I know what they're going to do. But I don't always understand people." I thought about James and all his girlfriends. " No, we don't always know what people are going to do, I said. (p13)


   

      I read this book, "Next Door to Love." This book is a love story, as you know from the title of this book. The main characters are Stella, a cook in a restaurant, and Tony, Stella's neighbor, and Janet, Stella's friend. Stella had her boyfriend, James, but their relationship was broken because James had a lot of girlfriends. Therefore, Stella didn't want to have a boyfriend. Her friend, Janet, wanted her to have a boyfriend so she persuaded Stella to go out and meet someone new. While they were talking about like that above in Stella's house, They noticed a nice neighbor guy, Tony outside the window. And then...
     From the first quotation above, if a person who is very close to me is away from me, I will feel so sad and some of me would be lacked, I think. After I read this book, I'll cherish my important people. Also, as the second citation is described,  we couldn't make sense of what people think. In the case of computers,  we can see the complex contents of computers when we dismantle, but in the case of human beings, we couldn't understand all about them, however hard we struggle. Since it is hard to know what people are going to do, we should choose better options for us, not others when we have to decide our future, I believe.
     It has been a long time since I read a love story in English. Recently, I've read many books about a mystery. Therefore, I enjoyed reading this book. However, in my opinion, I dislike Tony because his humanity is disgusting to me but the story itself is very good so I recommend it to you. Please read it!!

2 件のコメント:

  1. Oh, Jamed is not good man. I don't know whether I have a lot of friends or not

    返信削除
  2. When I read your review, I can understand this book's contents.
    Thank you. lol

    返信削除

The Ring

 The Ring by Barnerd Smith It was good