2020年7月23日木曜日

The Stolen White Elephant

  " Naturally the chief is the hero and his happiness is complete. I am happy for him although now I am a homeless beggar. "( P 54 L 4~6)
     I read " The Stolen White Elephant." Its author is Mark Twain. It was published as a part of a collection of short stories in 1882. It is based on a real event that happened in 1878.
     The story of the book is comedy and is that , in NY, someone stole the white elephant which the King of Siam gave to the Queen of England, and NYC police force tried finding it. When I first read the book, I didn't understand how the inspector Blunt found the white elephant and if he was a bad person or a good person, so I talked about them with my friend, Rina. However, we couldn't the truth. If someone understand the book, please tell me the truth of the book. In the book, clues for finding the elephant are hidden. Finding clues, reading the book was so fun. If you want to read a comedy and mystery book, I strongly recommend "The Stolen White Elephant."

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

The Ring

 The Ring by Barnerd Smith It was good